Sunday, May 27, 2012

Momma's Gift

Hello blogland and I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend! I know this is the weekend for honoring fallen troops, and I am totally indebted to their sacrifices... but this weekend I somehow find myself missing my own lost loved ones who did not necessarily fall in war... In particular I'm missing my Mima who has been gone now almost ten years (ridiculous how time passes) and my father-in-law Gilbert who passed over a year ago...

Well... though my heart has been full of thoughts of loved ones, I do have a project to share that I made for my mommy this month... We have grown closer and then further apart and then close again the past few months, and she is probably my number one scrappy fan cause she displays all my artwork proudly.

This Kaiser Kraft Desk Organizer was probably the most crafty fun I've had in a while... I painted the base Golden and then went to town (somewhat) with my left over Graphic 45 Springtime papers. A little ribbon, some prima flowers and lots of Mod Podge later, and viola...

 
The sides of the organizer were painted and embellished with paper clippings from the collection.

The back of the desk organizer was simply a piece of paper from the Graphic 45 collection; it fit PERFECTLY...

All in all, my mom loved the piece and honestly the project probably took all of two hours, with paint dry time included! For a quickie pretty gift, this one was tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!