Monday, May 28, 2012

Feelin' Punchy...

Hey there!! Me again... :)

I posted a quick tutorial on the Scrap-A-Doodle Doo blog today about using Martha Stewart's punches, and thought I'd share the results here as well! :)

This "simple" layout was definitely a trying piece only because I have never really used the punch around the pages punches for their specified use before, so it definitely helped to read the instructions... Who knew there were specified page sizes?! :)

I  cut up some Webster's Pages papers that have been in my stash way too long and even some Creative Memories papers (geez, they must be like five years old by now!) and I got punchy... Counting the cardstock base, the two photo mats beneath the horizontal picture and the two title box punched mats, I have a total of five (5) punched pages on this one layout (done with emphasis for the Truly, Madly, Crafty Challenge this month!!)

For sure I would recommend using Cardstock over the thinner papers anytime, as I did not have such predictable results with the thinner stock. Otherwise, the paper size thing is important as is punching the corners first... Who knew?

Now I'm hooked and I have a card in progress using this punch as well, so I should be back later on this week with another look at the punch shown above. That being said, I'm kinda getting addicted and there are TONS of styles currently available to play with... which one should I get next? I do need a new butterfly punch since Melanie and her BFF broke it last summer...

Anywhooooo, hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day and can spend some time getting crafty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!