Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Nobody minds having what is too good for them" (Mansfield Park)

Yesterday I was blessed with the opportunity to teach an altered file folder class using the Curio papers from Basic Grey to a fabulous group of eight women...(AND I'm submitting this project to the Basic Grey challenge blog for their "Flower Power" challenge!)


My first scrappy class at Scrap-A-Doodle Doo was (surprisingly!) a hit... Or the gals who came along for the ride are being too nice! :) Either way, we did have fun, and the time FLEW by...
I guess I did hit a few bumps in the road... Let's see... I was WAY nervous to start out with and wasn't QUITE clear with my directions on folding the album (so I ended up having to just shut up and physically show the gals what I meant. My words weren't coming to me -- odd for an English teacher, I think!) And THEN I had the gals glue their folders closed... before they decorated the insides! Which made it QUITE difficult for 'em to get to some of the decorating without ripping the insides apart...And then of course there was the papers... I cut papers for the class members as they were decorating their folders and ended up missing some of the measurements, making some of their papers a bit too small. They had to improvise a bit to cover up the tabs on the backs of their albums!But thankfully, they made it happen and being the talented group of women they are, I do think they had a very nice time and a pretty project in the end...And to prove my friend Jill's point, yes, I am a Crackle Accents whore... :)
SO... my darling Stephanie has invited me back to teach at the "Doo" once again, and my next class ("Time Goes On") is scheduled for February 26th from 10AM to 12 PM (followed by a class by my darling friend Ms. Sherri C!). I'm thrilled to have been asked back after some hiccups... And way excited to play with the "Doo" girls again! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the phone made it to you! At first I wasn't sure it was a real phone (my kids have display phones-they got them from Wal-mart).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!